Development Update #5
A fortnightly wrap-up of reputation.link's development - 2020-12-23
We would like to wish the reputation.link community a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We anticipate that 2021 will be a monumental year for reputation.link and Chainlink alike. This fortnightly newsletter provides an overview of some upcoming features that will go live on reputation.link in the New Year.
- The World Economic Forum has collaborated with Chainlink on a paper that lays out a new standard for integrating traditional infrastructure with blockchain technology. Read it here.
- Chainlink Oracles go live on Binance Smart Chain. Find out more here.
- Randomness in Debase is now being provided by the Chainlink Verifiable Randomness Function (VRF) on mainnet. Check it out here.
A number of product updates were made in the last two weeks:
- The search bar on reputation.link has been replaced and now supports better and more consistent search functionality.
- Several new oracle names are now captured on reputation.link.
- Resolved loading issues related to contract reader/writer information.
- Sign up and login fixes to the website.
- Minor usability upgrades throughout reputation.link's interface.
Behind the Scenes
The last two weeks have been focused on internal stability updates, planning, and debugging. We have several features in the pipeline that will be released over the coming weeks - see below.
We’re in the process of updating reputation.link’s architecture to support ‘plug and play’ functionality. This involves updating both of our data pipelines so any blockchain or protocol can be integrated into our primary database and added to our API seamlessly.
We're working on a premium monitoring and alerting feature that will allow users to select event types based on oracle-specific contract specifications. The feature will focus on network activity such as the outcome of transactions, node balances, and the heartbeat of nodes.
We have written an article on Chainlink’s upcoming Off-Chain Reporting (OCR) update. It’s a technical deep-dive that addresses the questions we have received from the community regarding what the update entails for Chainlink and reputation.link. We will be launching the article on Illumination in the New Year once Chainlink’s OCR contracts are public.
The 'Behind the Nodes' series has launched this week, featuring Patrick Collins from Alpha Chain. Next up is Ray Mogg from Secure Data Links. If you would like your node featured on Illumination earlier, get in contact at [email protected]